Sunday, May 27, 2007

Belated bicycle birthday

While I was out on my ride today, my odometer ticked over another 1000 miles. This is always exciting for me (obviously I don't have a lot of excitement in my life), and I spent some time trying to figure out how many miles I've logged on my road bike since I bought it. It was during this impromptu calculation, outside of Valley Ford in Sonoma county, that I realized that it was about three years ago that I purchased my Specialized Dolce.. the first new bicycle that I had plunked down hard cash for since I saved up for my silver 10 speed back in fifth grade.

When I got home I pulled out the paperwork, and the receipt is stamped April 25, 2004. So, a bit belated, but Happy Birthday Dolce! May we log many more miles together until you either crack or I can afford a new Rivendell.

No comments: