Monday, February 16, 2009

Time Trial: Old Tunnel Road

The rained stopped for about 2 hours today, so I hopped on the bike for a quick ride up Old Tunnel. About half way up I decided to make this a time trial, and I'm afraid the results were pretty sad. 55 minutes to get from Claremeont/College to Grizzly Peak! Last January I clocked this at 49 minutes elapsed time (actual ride time is usually 2.5-3 minutes less due to 2 stop lights).

Now, I am riding a slightly different route up through Claremont, and that adds about 3/10 of a mile to the total. And I'm riding the heavier Tournado with the fat tires, but still. Looks like I've got a lot of training to do.

Bike: Artemis (Dahon Tournado)
Total Time Clocked, from Claremont/College to Grizzly Peak: 55 minutes
Actual Ride time: unknown; probably 52 minutes
Total Distance: 5.4 miles

No comments: