Saturday, May 31, 2008

May mileage stats

Before getting to the mileage totals: This morning I rode up to the Diablo junction with Cycling Boss From Work.. he chatted the whole the ride up while I huffed and puffed a bit. Obviously he was going much much slower than his usual pace, but I managed to beat my own personal best time to the junction by 1 minute. Probably helps quite a bit to ride with someone faster, so I have to push myself a bit. He thinks if I train right, I can do all 5 Death Ride passes next year. We'll see.

This month I started supplementing my regular weekend rides with two evening rides a week, so I was able to increase my mileage and my total elevation gain. This is only the second time I've logged more than 500 miles in a month, and the last time was due primarily to logging 250 miles on my California coast tour.

I also think the extra climbing is starting to pay off; I'm feeling more comfortable and confident on my regular climbs up into the Oakland hills and up Diablo. I'm feeling pretty good about being able to do my 3 Death Ride passes in July.

Total mileage: 503
Total time in the saddle: 46.9 hours
Total climbing: 31,430 feet

No comments: